International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The English Language Centre is an authorized British Council IELTS/IDP registration agent. The IELTS British Council/IDP Australia test is specially aimed at students planning for further studies or migration overseas. The qualification is required as a condition of entry for British, Australia and New Zealand Universities. Our IELTS teachers are well-qualified to prepare candidates.
There are four parts:
- Reading (objective test)
- Listening (objective test)
- Writing (two essays)
- An interview
In the writing selection candidates are asked to describe a chart or graph for Task 1 and write an essay for Task 2. During the interview candidates are expected to be able to converse on general topics, as well as holding a discussion on abstract issues. The results are valid for two years.
- Academic reading, reading for gist and inference, scanning, skimming and note-taking.
- Academic essay writing: developing a point of view, organization and planning
- Writing about diagrams, charts and graphs
- Describing statistics
- Intensive listening practice using authentic tapes
- Conversation skills on familiar topics and overcoming nerves
- Discussion on abstract issues